Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 15

Today I am thankful for books.  If you've read this blog in the past you know that we have a minor obsession with books...evidenced here & here.

I just finished this book...for the second time.
Andrew and I both read it and then asked our employees to read it and we had a D&L book club that was so much fun.  It is a great book whether you're in leadership or not.  It focuses not just on business but on how to work with people and view them as people, not problems.  Anyway, it's an easy read and totally worth it.

I am currently reading this book...also for the second time.
                                                   
And I love it.  I read one chapter each night before bed and then the next day I find myself thinking through what I read the night before.  My favorite quote from the book so far (I wrote this out and now read this quote daily) is by Charles Spurgeon and says:
"He who grows in grace remembers that he is but dust, and he therefore does not expect his fellow Christians to be anything more.  He overlooks ten thousand of their faults, because he knows his God overlooks twenty thousand in his own case. He does not expect perfection in the creature, and, therefore, he is not disappointed when he does not find it".  This book is a great reminder of how we should live our lives according to Titus 2.

And I just bought this book.
Andrew asked what kid I bought it for and umm.....I said "ME".  Seriously, not only best children's book but best any kind of book ever.  Pantone Colors book!  It is amazing. Aiden keeps trying to convince me that it is "ours to share" but I'm not convinced.



Bottom line...I am thankful for books of all kinds.

Today Aiden is thankful for his head.

No comments: