Anyone that knows Andrew knows that he is quite the reader. He'll get through at least one book a week, sometimes two. I enjoy reading myself, but I finish like one book a month (on a very good month). One of his favorite things to do is just wander around the bookstore for hours. In fact, he frequently took me to various bookstores for dates before we were married. And when I was pregnant with Aiden, since it was so hot outside we were always going to bookstores...I would sit with a few gossip magazines and he would browse the store for HOURS. Anyway - all of that to say...we spend a lot of money on books and books are the key to andrews heart.
While in California we stumbled upon a Borders and it was their last day in business so ALL of their books were 80% off. Whaaaat? He might have been more excited about this find than he was to be at disneyland the day before. The bookstore is his happiest place on earth. So we shopped and ended up with 13 new paper books and one audio book. 5 of said paper books were hardback (those can get pricey).
We spent $60 and saved something like $240.00. That is a mega jackpot if you ask me! Here is our loot:

For the record...we didn't just buy for the sake of buying (well, actually I might have just bought two because they looked kind of interesting and were only $1.04 each). But besides those two, the rest were books we have actually been wanting to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment