So, I busted out the chalkboard paint and gave him a surface that he had permission (and was actually encouraged) to color on. And it's been a hit. He loves it, I love it & even our family at Easter enjoyed spending time doodling on it. So it turned out ok in the end.
For the full story of the original coloring incident continue reading:
I came home from work one Saturday evening and glanced over at the coffee table that was covered in crayon. I'm not talking like someone accidentally colored off of the page...BUT like someone gripped a handful of crayons between their chubby little fingers and ran in circles as furiously as they could to cover the entire top of the coffee table kind of coverage. So I asked Andrew "when did this happen!?!" He gave me the most confused look ever and said "I thought you knew". Basically, Andrew went out of the living room that morning for a couple of minutes and returned to see Aiden at the coffee table with crayon everywhere. So Andrew asked "when did you do that?!?" and sneaky little Aiden said "yesterday". So Andrew asked "does mom know about this?" and Aiden said "yes" Then Andrew asked "what did she say to you when she saw that?" And Aiden relpied "she said I'm in trouble." So andrew figured that I'd already punished him so he let him off the hook. Little did he know that his sweet little two year old just lied right to his face to avoid punishment. I'm a little bit impressed that he thought up that story to get out of the hot seat. But at the same time I'm slightly depressed that my innocent little baby is such a sneaky one. I think we're in trouble here.


No comments:
Post a Comment