Wednesday, February 1, 2012

he's upped the ante

I wrote in this post about Aiden's good choice chart. It's going incredibly well for us. We're loving it. He got his pillow pet....it's a shark named Hubert and he's adorable.

However, in said post I mentioned that his future rewards are going to be smaller and in the target dollar store range. Well. I lied. Actually, I didn't really lie because that was the initial plan. But then Aiden started begging for a puppy and we kind of really might want to/are definitely going to get him a puppy. You wouldn't be able to resist buying this cute little boy a puppy either if during car rides he said things to you like he does to me....like "ma, if I get a puppy I'll water it." To which I reply "really?" and then he says "yeah, and I will clean the poop....I really want a dog, ma". I seriously thought negotiations would happen later in his little life, but apparently the 2 1/2 mark is the age at which he thinks he can bargain with me. awesome.

So it looks like we'll probably get a puppy. I secretly want one too and most of the time feel a little guilty that he doesn't have a sibling yet....so why not let him have a furry little buddy? The good choice chart has now become the "let's work towards getting a puppy chart." So after his next time around the track he'll get a doggie bed. The next time a leash. The next time food and water bowls.....etc. and then once we have everything a dog might need we will start the hunt for the perfect little puppy buddy. It's going to be great...i think.

No comments: