Wednesday, February 15, 2012

our love day

I am such a lucky girl, having two very handsome Valentines. One is daddy sized and the other is his little look alike. These boys are the best and make me happier than I could have ever hoped to be. So I was so excited to celebrate them and my love for them on Valentine's day.

They showed me some love with these super pretty Valentine's flowers:
We started the morning out with hearts and balloons. When Aiden woke up he squealed "what is going on here?!?!"
We followed that with heart shaped pancakes, blueberry syrup and fresh fruit.
And then we headed of to the shop to spread the love there with these little cuties that Aiden and I made together:
The day then turned a little unconventional and not so lovey as Andrew had to actually work and Aiden and I headed off to the doctor. Sidenote: Aiden and I were in a little fender bender at the end of last week, so we were going to the Dr. to have him check us out and make sure we're ok. And we are. We were hit from behind, so both of our necks were a little out of whack and my shoulder was a little off too. That's pretty much to be expected since I don't think my shoulder will ever be 100% after the last car accident. But anyway...that's why we were at the Dr.

We went straight from the doctor to Aiden's very first dentist appointment! He was a champ and did SO well. I was beaming with pride and thanking my lucky stars as he laid in the chair, with no tears or wiggling and opened his mouth as wide as he could. The good news is he did so well and there are no signs of cavities. The bad news is he's already chipped THREE teeth just from "trauma". Which basically means, he's a boy and is a crazy, active, ball of energy. I thought he'd chipped one, but had no idea he'd actually chipped three. Lucky for us though, it's just in the enamel and it won't cause any problems. There's no doubt about it...he's ALL boy!

The dentist, bless his heart, decided since Aiden did so well he would give him a sucker. It was pretty much the biggest sucker Aiden has ever had. And was definitely the size of his chubby little hand. Here he is showing off his sucker and how wide he was able to open his mouth for the dentist:After that sucker, nap time never happened. He was out of control, in a happy way though...not scary. So instead of napping, we seized the day and joined Andrew for some afternoon print shop deliveries so we could squeeze in a little extra quality time on the day of love.

We wrapped the night up with some 99 cent tacos from Chico's (they're delish!) and were in bed by 8:00. It was glorious.

No comments: