Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I should own stock in Starbucks...

Everyone knows we love us some Starbucks. And our little Aiden apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Fuel was added to the Starbucks loving fire when both his Uncle Joel and Auntie Summer worked there. Joel's no longer there, but Summer is now at the one that we frequent the most. His little face beams every time he sees/saw either Joel or Summer at the window handing over his iced soy milk. (yes, my child does own a refillable Starbucks cup and has a drink of choice. Spoiled? possibly...but the cup was a gift...ps. thanks Auntie Sum).

The thing is that now that he's personally known TWO people that work for Starbucks, he thinks that EVERYONE that works from Starbucks is somehow related to or friends with us. So every.single.time we go through the drive-thru line he asks "ma, who is that?!" and every time I say "I don't know their name" he get's louder with another "MA, who is that?" and we repeat this same convo for the next five minutes with the only change being after we drive away he'll switch his question to "MA, WHO WAS THAT?!?!?" and my answer occasionally changes to "it's a starbucks worker". But that answer is never good enough, because his mind is made up that we obviously MUST know them and I just won't tell him their name.

And then this happened...
He was quietly playing at the kitchen table with his cars when all of the sudden he says "Look Mom, I made the Starbucks line!" I think we might have a problem.

And sidenote: he has now gone from calling me "mama" to "mom" and now to "ma" most of the time. This growing up thing is a bust and I secretly wanted him to call me mama forever. If not forever, I at least hoped it would last until like age five or something. Bummer.

No comments: