Sunday, May 1, 2011

Third time's a charm...

Here's to round three of b.b. inspired meals. If these posts are boring you, please speak up. I'm having lots of fun trying out new recipes & I'm excited that most of them actually taste good!
#1. Bean and butternut tacos with feta cheese. This one was kind of a process, but ended up being absolutely delicious and very filling for having no meat in it. Of course this is the first time my dish actually looked like the website picture and I accidentally deleted it. You'll have to trust me...it was identical.
#2. Pork Cutlets with maple-spiced apples and red cabbage. This was super delicious & I've actually made it twice now. I highly recommend it. This picture is of the maple-spiced apples and red cabbage.
#3. Tortellini with summer squash. It's simple, quick and tasty. It looks kind of bland and it isn't super flavorful, but it's good and I've made it quite a few times.
#4. Smoky Corn & Black Bean Pizza. Delish and really quick. I did ours in the oven instead of the grill and used whole wheat Naan instead of pizza dough. And used salsa instead of bbq sauce.
#5. Baked potatoes topped with broccoli and asparagus gratin. The recipe calls for cauliflower, but I only had broccoli and asparagus. It was very tasty and makes a good side if you don't want to put it on a potato. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it.
#6. Veggie Burgers with Lemon-Herb roasted beets & sweet potatoes.
#7. Gnocchi with Zucchini ribbons and parsley brown butter. This was my least favorite recipe. It was super heavy and I probably will never make it again.

So if you haven't purchased a bountiful basket yet, you really should. There are so many tasty things to cook with!

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

Wow, I'm impressed! These are like gourmet meals! mY husband would not eat any of them though, but I would like to try them!