Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh Christmas...

We had SO much fun this Christmas! Aiden loved every second of it and we loved watching him experience it all. Last year he was so little at Christmastime, but this year he was obsessed with all things Christmas. He love, love, loves the christmas tree and all the "balls" that I hung on it. All day long he'd point at the tree and either yell "tree" or "ball" as loud as he could. He got just as spoiled as can be so I had to make lots of room in his toy box for all of his new loot.


We had such a special treat this year because Andrew's sweet grandparents came to town to celebrate Christmas with us. This was their first time meeting Aiden and needless to say....they are all fans of each other. Aiden still asks for "Opa" (andrew's Grandpa). So cute. Having them here made Christmas extra special and we miss them lots already. I guess I was enjoying their visit so much that I forgot to take pictures of them. This is one of the few that I got...not the best, but it's sometimes hard to capture a moving target. This is Aiden and his Opa.

Our Christmas festivities started on the 23rd when Andrew's brother Thad popped the question to his amazing girlfriend Summer. She said yes so we all went to dinner to celebrate.

The 24th was spent with my family. We kicked our celebration off with a gingerbread house making contest. There was no winner...apparently we're all winners in my mom's book. Then we had dinner at Rustler's Rooste (yum yum) and ended the night with a trip to look at Christmas lights.

The 25th was our day to celebrate with Andrew's family. We had a wonderful breakfast with the Pinch's and then they spent the afternoon with us at our house.

On the 26th we had lunch with my mom's extended family. We ate lots of tasty mexican food and Aiden LOVED spending time with all of his cousins. It was so fun.

Then today was our last day of excitement with the engagement of my little brother Joel to his fabulous girlfriend Stephanie. So yes...I'm getting TWO new sisters-in-law this year. They both are such wonderful, sweet, adorable, funny girls and I am SO happy that my little brothers have snagged such amazing women. Let the wedding planning begin!

So that's our holiday in a nutshell. It was fabulous. I loved every second of it and have been reminded so many times of just how incredibly blessed I am.

No comments: