So we live in South Phoenix. I personally love South Phoenix, we're close to the mountain & that is pretty sweet. We're super close to family which is even sweeter and close to the shop which is very very sweet, especially since my hard working husband has been spending most of his days and nights there lately.
Contrary to what you may have heard, it's not scary out here...it's actually quite entertaining. This area is very diverse to say the least & with the diversity comes a lot of things that for lack of a better explanation....make you go "hmm". I've been keeping a list of all the things I've seen for the past few months that brought a smile to my face and at the same time made me question where all these weirdos came from. So here are a few things I've seen & adored in south phoenix lately.
1. A grown man walking down Central wearing a homemade tail that resembled something you'd see in Avatar. It was very long and looked like a lot of time and effort went in to making it. It wasn't halloween nor was he wearing anything else that lead me to believe that he actually was an avatar.
2. Another grown man walking down the street dressed in a head-to-toe cowboy ensemble...aka..tight pants, big hat, western shirt, boots and a LASSO. Like a legitimate lasso that you would rope a cow with, it was huge and hard core. However, there were no cows in sight.
3. While pumping gas the other day, a 60 year old man next to me was busting a serious move to the music the gas station was playing. He was actually an excellent dancer and had moves I've never seen before. That's one way to pass the time at the pump.
4. Quite regularly there is a group of older gentlemen riding horses all with super sized cans of Bud Light in hand. I guess it's better than drinking and driving.
5. More than once now I have seen homemade yard sale signs that are spelled "Yadr Sell". I'm not even kidding, andrew is my witness...these signs exist. It's sad & slightly entertaining all at the same time.
6. This morning, I was fortunate enough to be behind a truck with a 5 foot Christmas tree standing upright in it's bed. The tree was decked out, complete with silver and blue ornaments, an angel on top and lots and lots of tinsel. Talk about spreading the christmas cheer. It was like a tinsel rain storm. I loved it.
So if you're ever bored and need to spice up your life a bit...head out to South Phoenix. You never know what you'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Very funny. Avatar wins my vote, though yadr sell is pretty awesome too.
Post a Comment