Andrew needed something from the garage so he ran out really quick to get it, Aiden apparently needed some alone time so he locked the door behind Andrew. All of our exterior doors were locked so he had no way in and no phone with him either.
So that left our crazy little Roy boy free to roam the house. Andrew knocked on the door hoping he'd decide to unlock it, he jiggled the handle, he begged him to open it....but he was enjoying his freedom I guess. Our house is super hard to break into....we know this by a previous lock out that may or may not have been my fault. So poor panicked Andrew was left with no choice, up into and through the attic he went looking for an entrance into the house.
He found the entrance which was over the laundry room and when he opened the cover there was Aiden sitting peacefully reading a book directly below Andrew (right where he needed to land). Andrew asked him to move, but he was pretty comfy I guess...he'd just look at him and smile then continue reading his book. Finally, andrew was able to jump out of the attic onto the washing machine and over Aiden. Although I feel bad that it happened to Andrew, let's be honest...I'm glad it happened to him and not me. There's no way I would have thought to go through the attic and probably no way I could have jumped out without breaking bones. He is a super dad! Here's to boy time, lots of fun adventures and hopefully no more locked doors!


2 comments:
that is a great story! you can tell that one forever and I'm sure he'll love it.
I wouldn't have thought the attic either (we don't have one). I have been locked out with all three of my kids inside the house and Wes out of town. Trying to talk them through unlocking the door is hard...they always confuse the dead bolt with the bottom lock..
Post a Comment