Dear movie-goers...it is not necessary to repeat every line of a movie, during the movie that you're watching, in a public theater while other people around you are trying to hear what the paid actors are saying. If we wanted to hear you say the lines, they would have paid you to be the actor..but they haven't.
I haven't been to many movies this year, I think I've gone to three so far BUT at each of those movies there has been a serious movie line repeater sitting over my shoulder. Why in the world do people feel that it's necessary to repeat every line of the movie, during the movie? Last night was by far the worst offender. This guy behind me would repeat EVERY line the actor said. At one point Tina Fey said "Charlotte". That's all she said..she was speaking to her daughter who was named Charlotte and Mr. Repeat behind me says "Charlotte...hahaha". Sir, that is not even a funny line. She was just saying her daughters name...why is that worth repeating! Ugh..it's so annoying! I honestly missed a few of the movie lines because I could only hear the repeat behind me instead of the actual lines. To quote Steve Carell & the repeater who quoted Steve Carell last night...zip your face.
I understand that occasionally there will be a line that is so funny it's worth repeating. I'm fine with that. But every line throughout the ENTIRE movie, even the un-funny lines...now that's a little much.
In other news...we saw "Date Night" & LOVED it. So funny. So so so funny! I think Tina Fey & Steve Carell are the funniest people alive. I love them & their hilarious work. See Date Night...even if the guy behind you quotes the whole thing and annoys you almost to death...you'll still love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your rant made me laugh!! Love it! I found your blog from Corri's (we used to work together) and I had to come pay a visit b/c we share the same first name, even spelled the same! :) You have a really cute family! ~janae
Hi Janae...I never meet other Janaes, especially with the same spelling. How crazy!
Post a Comment