Thursday, August 18, 2011
oh sweet Giclee
So there are MANY perks to being the wife of a printer. I love it...and especially love the super hot printer that I'm married to (he once was a model, you know). Anyway- being Mrs. Pinch, in the Pinch family, the ones that own a 50 year old printshop...means that this family knows lots of people. Years ago when Andrew was a boy a local artist asked if he and Grandpa Pinch would model for a painting that he wanted to do. (see, I married a model...lucky me!) Anyway - they posed for the painting and I've had my eye on that painting in my in-laws house since the first very time I went to visit. I wanted it...super bad. But obviously it's special to my in-laws since it has Grandpa Pinch and Andrew in it, so they weren't ready to part with it. One night when discussing how badly we'd like that painting, my Father-in-law mentioned we could get a Giclee made. A what? I'd never heard of it. It's basically a super convincing reproduction of an original painting. So within minutes we had their painting off the wall and headed to another local company that we know does Giclees. It was kind of a long process, then once we had it in our possession we had to get it framed of course. So after about a 5 week process that baby is ours! And I love every inch of it. So here it is hung with pride on our big giant wall that's been empty for too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is so awesome! What a great heirloom!
Post a Comment