Sunday, February 13, 2011

18 months

I'm struggling with the fact that my baby is a YEAR and a HALF today. It's sad, but true & I have to come to terms with it. Anyway, today is the day that he transitions from baby to big boy (even if he already thinks he's a big boy, I haven't really been convinced but I'm trying to be now). So in honor of this birthday milestone we'll be out with the old and in with the new.

Today we're saying buh bye to the pacifier or "paffi" as he calls it. This may or may not, but probably will make our life somewhat unpleasant for the next few days (or weeks) because he is obsessed with the paffi. But he's 18 months old today and I'm positive he will survive without it.

And now in with the new:
It's potty time! To celebrate the big 1-8 we went to pick out his very own potty. I'm not going hardcore on the potty training quite yet, but I think it's about time to introduce the concept. Here's hoping he'll be excited to get out of diapers sooner rather than later.

And because a monthly post wouldn't be the same without "things that aiden says/does" here are some newbies for your reading pleasure:
-his new favorite and most used word is "Fire Truck" he got one from his auntie sum and is in l.o.v.e with it.
-my new favorite phrase of his is "peas mama". He says it in the sweetest little voice with the sweetest little face anytime he wants something. I think he knows it melts my heart...my answer to "peas mama" is yes every time. I'm a sucker for it.
-he know knows the letters B, Q (which sounds like "kee-you") and Y (which sounds like "Yi"). And he knows the number 9.
-as for colors he knows blue and yellow and will tell you all day long that the sky is blue.
-and speaking of the sky...he loves birdies and calls them "beedledees"...it's adorable! And can say "plane", "copter" for helicopter and "cycle" for motorcycle.

So that's what he's up to at the ripe old age of one and a half. He's a smarty pants and is so stinking cute!

1 comment:

Stephanie Barber said...

nope. there's no way he's one and a half.