Monday, February 28, 2011

My Funny Boy...

Second to his father, Aiden has become the funniest person I know. He is hilarious and keeps me laughing all day. Here are a couple things he's said recently that I just can't get over.

Andrew was sick all last week, so he was resting on the couch Friday night and to make sure he didn't fall asleep I told Aiden "go tickle dada". So he went over and put his hand on andrew and said "giko giko giko". Then, as usual...our little pickpocket reached in andrews pocket to try to find his money. Andrew said "bubba, dada's broke" and I said "yeah bubs, babies are expensive, dada has no money...he's broke". Then all of the sudden Aiden went to the other side of the couch and just sat there. I told him again "Aiden, go get dada...tickle him" to which aiden replied with a very sad face "dada broke, dada broke" He thought he'd broken andrew. He avoided him for the rest of the night, which was kind of sad..but mostly funny.

And Aiden is such a mimic..sometimes he'll repeat exactly what we say and other times he just makes something up to sound like something we've said. For instance....apparently I say "oh gosh!" a lot and while my boys were hanging out together on Saturday Andrew said "oh crap!" so Aiden has created his own hybrid phrase and now yells "oh crash!" all day long.

And the last one...I promise. Aiden was feeling a little sick on Saturday night & was having trouble sleeping. He woke up screaming around 10:00 so I brought him in bed with us. He settled in and got cozy right away and then softly whispered "trash" before falling asleep. Of course that's what he'd think about at bedtime, it's what he thinks about every other minute of the day. After he fell asleep I took him back to his own bed because he's a maniac in his sleep and moves every two seconds. So he woke up screaming again at 12:30. I brought him back in to our bed, laid him down and then settled in. In the dark he reached his chubby little hand over and started rubbing my head saying "hair, nice.....hair, nice.....hair, nice" and he says the "nice" long and drawn out like "nnnniiiicccceeee" I couldn't help but just die laughing. Then I promptly put him back in his own room, there's no way either of us would be able to sleep through his new found, late night love for my "nice hair".

He's so funny and so sweet all at the same time. I love, love, love this boy!

No comments: