Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Project of the week...

With new home ownership comes a million and a half projects. In order to check things off my to-do list I've decided to do one project each week until my projects are done. I'm hoping that posting the projects on the blog will keep me motivated to get things done. This week's project:

Refinishing this toy box for the bud boy. I didn't take any before pictures....just imagine chipping forest green paint and scribbles all over it, with dust and a funny smell. Here it is at the halfway point. I've painted it 3 times (forest green is a hard color to cover) and I'm just waiting to do a couple finishing touches. It's in need of new hinges...the lid of this thing weighs more than Aiden does I think, so we definitely need those hinges that lock in place. And I'm going to add a cute little "a" in the corner to personalize it for Aiden. Or as Andrew asked me this morning "since my name starts with A, can I put my things in it too?" I'll let Aiden answer that one.

We found this little gem at an antique store downtown. It was built in the 50's and is super roomy and sturdy too! Aiden already loves it, even though he's not really allowed to use it yet. But hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week.

No comments: