Monday, August 18, 2014

Aiden is FIVE.


I feel like the fact that I have a five year old is unbelievable at this point. Aiden is so proud to be five and is so excited to be growing up.  The other day I was holding him and he looked at me and said "Mom, I am really sorry, but I do have to grow up".  Breaks my heart and makes me wish I knew how to freeze time.

Aiden is so sweet and encouraging.  He always tells me that he thinks I'm beautiful, he is quick to tend to Everett whenever our little bud needs something, and every time (seriously, every time) we get out of the car if Andrew is with us Aiden will yell "First one to the door gets to kiss mom!" and then he takes off as fast as he can.  He almost always wins and even when he loses he demands a kiss from me anyway. He is the best.  He always says the most hilarious things and keeps me laughing all day long.  His will is very strong and he knows what he likes.  He can pull a serious attitude at times but he's usually pretty quick to turn it around.  He is so smart and is constantly asking questions.  He is so encouraging and even told Andrew "Dad, great job bagging that trash!" as Andrew was taking the trash out yesterday.

It is so fun to watch him grow and change and to see bits of ourselves in him and at the same time watch him develop preferences of his own.  He is my child in the fact that he loves to plan a good party, he always has something to say and sometimes Andrew thinks Aiden and I can read each others minds. Literally at the same time we'll ask Andrew "so what's on your mind?" (which is something we do often and is Andrew's least favorite question...but he doesn't talk as much as we do, so Aiden and I both are always curious to know whats on his mind).  But then there are times he totally surprises me and is JUST like Andrew.  At "Meet The Teacher" last week Aiden told his teacher that he wants to be a garbage man AND a paleontologist when he grows up.  Which come to find out, when Andrew was Aiden's age he told his teacher at "Meet The Teacher" that he wanted to be a garbage man AND a paleontologist when he grew up.  It's crazy.

Anyway, this boy is such a source of joy in my life.  I am completely obsessed with him, am just so thankful that he is mine and I am so excited to celebrate another year with him.

No comments: