So our little Evie boy is five and a half months now. I can't believe it. He's so big. Here's what he's up to these days:
He rolls so well and can scoot too. However he can only scoot backwards. This is very frustrating to him as he pushes himself backwards away from his toys and then has no clue how he got there or how to get back.
He eats butternut squash and avocado like a champ. At first he would do what we call "mama birding it" where I'd put a bite in his mouth and he'd gum it and spit it back on the spoon, then eat the bite again, gum it again, back on the spoon, bite, gum, spoon, bite until the entire bite was eventually gone. But now after the fifth time of the mama bird method he finally started eating for real and taking a bite, gumming and swallowing it. He also giggles as he eats and tries to hold my hand and direct the spoon himself. Although he doesn't eat baby food every day he really really enjoys it when he does.
His sleep schedule has rocked my world the last two months and not in a good way. Since birth he really never had his nights and days confused, he'd only wake to eat and then would go right back to sleep. I was spoiled and loved it. At 4 months he started being SO restless at night. He would stir and kick and moan and coo just about every hour, if not every half hour. So I would spend pretty much the whole night getting him settled and back to sleep. Ey yi yi. At right around five months he stopped the restless hour wake ups and would wake up only once at night, this is much better. But he'd wake up from a dead sleep straight to screaming his head off in hunger. He'd scream until he was fed and then would drift right back to sleep. So besides a startling middle of the night wake up he was doing much better. And now as we're nearing the six month mark he's doing much much better and has a couple restless moments at night but is not spending time awake at all and not needing to eat every night. So it's been a doozy of a few months but I think we're back on track.
His personality is just the sweetest and I swear I want to eat him up. He is all smiles all the time. He drools like a madman and likes to chew on both of his hands at the same time. He laughs at every little thing that Aiden does and when he is fussy he can be calmed down by me placing his feet on the ground and pretending that he's walking. I seriously cannot get enough of this little angel baby.
His personality is just the sweetest and I swear I want to eat him up. He is all smiles all the time. He drools like a madman and likes to chew on both of his hands at the same time. He laughs at every little thing that Aiden does and when he is fussy he can be calmed down by me placing his feet on the ground and pretending that he's walking. I seriously cannot get enough of this little angel baby.
| Seriously, how lucky am I? These two = perfection. |


No comments:
Post a Comment