That boy…he gives me a run for my money. At 4 years old he already has me figured out and knows how to push my buttons. Here are a few conversations we've had lately that have left me cracking up.
First, I cannot stand petting zoos. I think they're riddled with germs and they gross me out. Aiden knows this about me. So a few weeks ago they had a petting zoo at school and this was our convo after I picked him up:
A: We had a petting zoo today.
Me: Ugh…yeah? How was it?
A: It was so great. I kissed an animal right on the face!
Me: Sick. Which animal?
A: I'm not sure which animal it was but I am sure it has LOTS of germs! hahahahaha
Then this weekend I told Aiden he needed to let me trim his hair.
A: Why do I need my hair trimmed?
Me: Because you're growing a duck tail in the back and duck tails are the gateway to rat tails.
He found that explanation hilarious and has since written a new song that goes like this:
"duck tail, rat tail, snake tail, duck tail, rat tail, snake tail, duck tail, rat tail, snake tail."
and sings it every chance he gets.
I cut roses from our rose bush and had them in a vase on the table. He was talking to me about the flowers and I said "did I ever tell you that I used to work at a flower shop?" His response was "well, I wish you still worked at a flower shop so that I could buy flowers from you to give to Julie when we get married."
The other night he was at my brother Josh's house and he dumped his cousin Sophie's piggy bank out. Josh said "Aiden, was that a good choice or a poor choice?" And Aiden said "why do you say poor choice? why not just say bad choice?" and Josh said "well, because that's how I say it" and Aiden said "I'm not judging you!"
Aiden is always wanting to plan his next birthday party (he's for sure my child) so the other day he said he wants a "Pirate-Aninja Party" (he calls ninjas "Aninjas") and to eat he wants chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered cherries, cake, steak, chicken, sawami (salami) and sausage. So our food theme is apparently "sweets and meats" awesome.
Bottom line…this little budsy keeps my life interesting. Love him so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment