Everett is hands down Aiden's favorite person in the world. Aiden's teacher told me that at least once a day at school Aiden will raise his hand to tell the class how much he loves his little brother. His love for Everett is just so sweet and it makes me tear up sometimes. He showers Everett with hugs and kisses and won't go to bed until he's said goodnight to "Ev". And then first thing when he wakes up in the morning he runs into our room and says "where's Ev? I need to see him."
One morning when we were just home from the hospital I heard Everett stirring as if he were about to wake up and then he quieted down suddenly. I looked over and Aiden had come in the room, walked over to Everett's bassinet, given him a pacifier and said "it's ok, brother's here". That little move bought me 30 extra minutes of sleep and Aiden just sat on the floor next to the bassinet watching Everett sleep. Precious, I tell you.
When I was pregnant with Aiden I would sing "you are my sunshine" when I was in the car alone. Then once he was born that was my go-to song to try to calm him down. It's his favorite and now when Everett cries Aiden busts out in song and about 25% of the time he can actually get Everett to calm down just by singing to him.
And Aiden tells me constantly that Everett is his favorite person in the world and he loves Everett the most. They are already quite the pair as Everett is much more aware now and giggles at everything Aiden does. Aiden thinks he is in fact THE funniest human alive, so the fact that Everett has confirmed that by laughing at Aiden all day really makes Aiden love Ev even more.
I am so thankful for these two boys and I am so excited to see them grow up together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad to see you back in action!
I love how good Aiden is with Everett. SO sweet.
Post a Comment