Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree....and other things holiday related

It only took me until the end of January to do a Christmas recap.  I started it weeks ago but never finished so here it goes:

We're pretty bummed that Christmas is over around here.  It was just so fun.  And Aiden and I both share an obsession with all things Christmas tree.  Every morning as soon as we were out of bed the first thing we'd do is turn on our trees.  I tried justifying in my mind how it would make sense to leave the tree up, even if it were undecorated all year long.  It just filled the corner of the room so perfectly and I wanted it to stay forever. But alas...all good things must come to an end and it really did have to come down.  This year I used new ornaments that I got from The Home Depot last year during the after Christmas Clearance.  I loved them.  And bought waaaayyyyy a few too many so I still have two unopened boxes to find something fun to do with next year.  Another tree maybe?  I wish.  Anyway...here is my tree:

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of aiden's tree this year with his advent ornaments on it.  It was cute and he loved putting a new ornament on every day.

This Christmas we switched things up a bit and celebrated Christmas morning with Andrew's family (as usual) and then had Christmas Dinner on Christmas night with my family (we've alway done Christmas eve with my fam in the past).

Christmas Cuties
I loved having all the extended family celebrations on Christmas day because that left Christmas Eve for our little family of three.  I have really wanting to do special little family traditions with the Roy boy so this year got to be the start of it and it was really just so fun.  So Christmas Eve night we had a great dinner...Asparagus stuffed Chicken breasts and sweet potatoes courtesy of AJ's.  It was so delish.  Then we each opened a new pair of jammies and promptly put them on.  Followed by the opening of a family game...we went with "Hungry Herd" this year and it was a huge hit.  Then we had a delicious cake and sang Happy Birthday to sweet baby Jesus.
Aiden helped daddy light the candle
And then....the present opening for the Roy Boy.  I tried to stick to the four present rule...something you want (red mercedes suv), something you need (bike?),  something to wear (8 new super hero shirts) and something to read (dino tractor book), for the Roy boy again this year.  I kind of had to stretch to make each gift fit in each category...close enough, right?  

Christmas morning Aiden found a new telescope from Santa.  
Overall, it was such a great Christmas and I spent the whole season feeling so blessed and thankful for this great life and these two amazing boys:


 Oh and the day after Christmas Andrew and I had a bookstore date.  When we were dating and while I was pregnant with Aiden we pretty much spent all of our time at the bookstore.  So this year we decided that would be our gift to each other...breakfast, a trip to the bookstore and the purchase of a few new books, of course.  It was fabulous.  

No comments: