So...our family is a little smaller these days. A few weeks ago we made the choice that it was time for Ruffy to go. He was a sweet dog, and I was fond of him...but we didn't have nearly enough time to spend with him or properly train him so I felt guilty. And after an incident where Ruffy knocked Aiden off of the porch swing that resulted in Aiden busting his lip open....our little Roy boy wanted nothing to do with Ruff and wouldn't go outside anymore. So that was a huge bummer.
BUT...don't feel too badly for Ruffy. I put up an ad that we were looking to find a new home for him and ended up meeting a lady that was interested in Ruffy at our neighborhood park. As we walked up, she kneeled down and Ruffy went up to her and they just sat, nose to nose, staring in each others eyes for a good minute. It was a little awkward and totally bizarre. It was like he was a totally different dog. She scooped him up and cradled him like a baby and he nuzzled his head in her neck and she went on and on about how "he stole her heart" as she's bouncing him like a newborn baby. Andrew and I just stared at each other, Ruffy has never.ever.not for one second.ever been that still OR let us hold him like that. It was seriously love at first sight. So she explained that she's looking for a companion and is hoping to get him certified to go visit sick children in the hospital. She will refuse to go anywhere that he is not allowed and she assured me that he will sleep in her bed with her. Seriously, Ruffy has it made now. I gave her his kennel and she promptly told me that she doesn't believe in kenneling, but it'll be good for road trips.
Anyway, moral of the story...Ruffy is now living like a prince, my little Roy boy is loving having the backyard to himself again and I don't feel guilty anymore. win.win.win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment