Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thirty Days Of Thanks - Day 29

I refuse to not complete my Thirty Days of Thanks...even if I couldn't manage to do it in Thirty days.  I tried.  Anyway, Today I am thankful for the people that rent our little condo.  I have a love/hate relationship with the condo.  I love it because it is where Andrew and I lived for the first four years of our marriage.  We have SO many great memories there and it was so perfect for us for so long.  I love all the time we spent together working on project after project to make it our own.  And I love that through those projects it was confirmed that I'd hit the jackpot in the husband department because seriously, there is nothing this man cannot do.

The only thing I hate about it is that we bought it right before the market tanked so some days it seems like we will never not be upside down on the mortgage. But what can you do?  I know lots of people are in that same situation.  And we're actually pretty lucky that we were able to buy our current house (for the same amount that we paid for the condo) after the market crash so I can't really be too mad.  And on the bright side...this is what Andrew always reminds me when I'm talking about how annoying it is that we are upside down on the condo...he says "at least we have someone else paying the mortgage and it's not like we're paying it down with money out of our own pocket".  Which is totally true. In the last two years of property management we've only not had a renter in the condo for about 3 months total I think.  So that is a huge blessing.  And the couple we have in there now are amazing.  They love it and tell us ALL the time about how much they love it.  They pay rent on time, always...yay.  And are just the sweetest couple.  So today, I am thankful for them.

Today Aiden is thankful for his books.

No comments: