Aiden is seriously growing up so quickly...too quickly, in my opinion. Lately we have been having some pretty funny little convos. They've gone something like this:
A: I'm really concerned about the rocking puppy at the store.
Me: the rocking puppy? (then I realize he's talking about the most disgusting furry little puppy/rocking horse-hybrid that we saw at goodwill like three weeks ago) So I asked "why are you concerned about it?"
A: Because I really want to ride it.
....not gonna happen.
A: Can we go to my playdate tomorrow?
Me: What playdate?
A: My playdate with my friends. My friends have swords. You know, my little friends?
Me: Which friends? What are their names?
A: I don't know their names. But they have swords. Can we go there tomorrow?
Me: Were there lots of friends at this playdate? Was it at a house or at church?
A: It was at a house. You know, the one on sixty-seventh street?
Me: Sixty-seventh Street?!?
A: Yeah, can we go there?
....For the record, I don't even think sixty-seventh street exists.
A: Pops and I saw a golden spider at the park!
Me: Wow, a golden spider?
A: Yeah, but it wasn't golden. It actually went to it's house.
Me: Oh yeah?
A: Yeah, it went home so it could eat. Did you know that spiders eat sharks?
Me: Really?
A: Yeah, they eat sharks. But only shark fins, not the whole shark because sharks are big. Spiders have to get really big if they want to eat the whole shark.
He woke up from his nap and I asked if he had any dreams:
A: Not today. But last night a little tiny animal came in my dream
Me: What was it?
A: A little tiny bird. You know what kind of bird? A lovebird! It came in my room and I picked it up and I said "oh hi little lovebird" and then I cuddled it. I think we need to find a cage for my little lovebird. We'll find a cage and I'll say "you stay in your cage little lovebird". And then we'll feed it. Do you know what lovebirds eat?
Me: No, what?
A: Jellyfish!!!!
Then we had this little argument this morning:
A: I am going to play a game on your phone while you get ready
Me: No, that's not ok. You can play with toys or play with me. We're not playing phone games this morning.
A: I don't want to play toys. I want to play on your phone.
Me: I said no phone.
A: Mom, I want to play on the phone. I am not telling the truth right now, ok?
Me: What is the truth?
A: The truth about me! I'm not telling the truth about me!
Me: I already know the truth about you.
A: What is it?
Me: That you're precious and cute. (this really set him off)
A: I am not precious and cute! I am not telling the truth about this mom. I want to play your phone!
....And then he got distracted and totally forgot about the "truth" and my phone. I just think this little fight was so funny because he wanted to argue with me SO badly but didn't know what to say. So he just picked a phrase and said it with such conviction that he was convinced that he could get me to change my mind. Mind you, this whole conversation was had with his little chubby finger pointing up at me and the most annoyed look on his face. Loved it. Although it was an argument I just loved seeing his determination to TRY and express his feelings and plead his case. And although our days are filled with quite a few arguments these days because his little will just gets stronger and stronger every minute, I am totally loving all of our little convos. He is so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
He is so smart, you may regret it sometimes! Haha. I love his reasoning...
Post a Comment