We say the same prayer every night at bedtime. We made it up and it goes like this:
"God is good, God is great, Let us thank him for this day, Thank you for our Family, Thank you for Jesus, Please help us MAKE GOOD CHOICES (I stress this one when we've had a challenging day) and have a Grateful heart. We love you so much. Amen"
I obviously copied the beginning from the prayer everyone knows..."God is good, God is great, let us thank him for this food......" but whatever.
Anyway, lately I've been opening up the end of the prayer for Aiden to talk to God about whatever he wants. And it's been at times super sweet, at times hilarious, and at times a little bizarre. Love that boy and his random thoughts. Here are some of the things he's thanked God for lately:
-"Thank you for my sweet little mama and my sweet little daddy"...melted my heart.
-"Thank you for Memaw & Bampa and for Mimi and Pops"...For the record, he's now convinced that his Bampa (Andrew's dad) is his new "bruzzer". This boy is getting desperate for a brother. ey yi yi.
-"Thank you for my toys"
...and I'm pretty sure he's given thanks for robots every now and then. Such a boy.
Some things he's asked God for lately:
-"Please keep my mom really close to me when I sleep"....he's always very concerned about my whereabouts these days.
-"Please help us to have nice hair"....uhhh....ok. Definitely my child.
-"Please keep my hair short"....he's refused a haircut for weeks now because he says he likes it "fluffy" but then last night he decided he wanted to look like daddy and let me cut it short. Apparently, he's loving the new short do and doesn't want it to grow.ever.
Those are just a few of the little gems he's sent up in his nighttime prayers. It's precious and I love hearing his little voice pray. Best thing ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
haha, I laughed about the hair part. So funny. You guys are great to teach him how to pray. Our middle kids are having a tough time thinking of things they want to say, it's always the same old stuff.(for a long time Jaxson's was "don't die. don't be sick.") But Hallie's prayers are so sincere and new and different every time, it's awesome to listen to her pray! Hopefully the other kids "get it" someday soon.
Post a Comment