Sunday, November 13, 2011

arguments from a two year old

Aiden has been very argumentative lately. He thinks he's always right, but we somehow don't always agree that he has very valid points. For example:

He was drinking juice with his lunch and wanted more.
I said "no, because I don't want you to have a sugar high for nap time".
He replied "I'm a pirate then!"
Apparently, either pirates are immune to sugar highs, or pirates don't take naps? Either way, I know better than to believe that he's an actual pirate, so he had no more juice and did indeed have to nap.

Then I was getting him ready for bath time and he was fighting it.
I told him "you need to be a clean baby boy."
To which he replied "I'm an old baby, then!"
So apparently, old babies don't need baths. Again...this mama won, and he got a good scrubbing.

I just love that he finishes every argument with the word "then". It's cute.

And my most favorite argument is when he's doing something that he's not supposed to, I'll give him a look or say something to him about it and he'll immediately say "I'm not bossering anybody!" Bossering=Bothering. I have no idea how he learned this, but it's the funniest thing and he says it with serious attitude. It's especially funny when the thing he's doing really is bothering someone. Like the first time he said "I'm not bossering anybody", was while he was hitting me in the leg repeatedly with a paintbrush.

I just love this little, old, baby pirate that's not bossering anybody. He's the best!

No comments: