here are a few of my current thoughts about where we're at in the "trying for a baby" journey:
I am not pregnant and that's ok. I can honestly say that I am ok with where we are right now. It has taken a while to be able to say that, but it's true. If we have another baby in a year, 5 years or never, I am at peace with what God has planned for us and I love love love being the mama in this family of three.
I love the time that I get with my best little bud. He is my sidekick and my entertainment all the time. And since we only have one little buddy right now we're able experience things we wouldn't have tried with two. ie....we're taking the roy boy to Chicago in September. Yaya...watch out windy city!
And throughout this process, even though at times I have been sad...there are equally as many times that I've been encouraged. When first diagnosed with infertility I thought our only option was medicine to make a second baby happen. But since we've decided to not pursue that path, we've realized how many more options are out there. And at this point, instead of medically treating the issue we're taking every step possible to be healthy physically and mentally & the acupuncture is working wonders. My acupuncture doctor hasn't been treating me to get me pregnant, he's been treating me to get my body healthy so that I can sustain a future pregnancy. At first that annoyed me....just help me get pregnant please! But as the months have gone on we have seen an improvement in my reproductive health. It's such an encouragement to see things change for the better instead of just skipping over the issue to try to get to the desired end result. A healthy pregnancy and healthy baby is for sure worth the wait.
So all of this is to say...I am grateful for so many options, I am grateful for the precious family that I'm a part of, and I can finally say with certainty that I'm grateful for this journey. I'm happy that I'm in this place, even though "this place" is not what I had ever imagined for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are so incredible and have so much faith! Aiden is so lucky to have you as his mom!
Post a Comment