Saturday, August 28, 2010

25lbs of roasted green chilies


We ordered 25lbs of green chillies from bountiful baskets & my amazing Andrew spent a day in the scorching az heat roasting them. They are delicious & I will probably never have to buy a can of green chilies for as long as I live. Yum!

4 comments:

Carly Nichols said...

We also get Bountiful baskets. We also buy their bread so yummy!! How much were the chilies? And what yummy stuff are you going to make with them?

janae said...

Don't you just love bountiful baskets? The 25lbs was $19. I'm not sure what all I'm going to make with them. We'll probably give a bunch away. But so far, we've just roasted & frozen them. I just pull a bag of them out whenever a recipe calls for green chilies. I have been looking for more recipes to use them in though. We just got bread today for the first time. I can't wait to try it!

Mikelle said...

Will he do that for me too?? Ive been meaning to buy a bunch...I go through green chile like no other.

I can give you some recipes!

janae said...

Mikelle, I'll trade you my green chilies for your recipes. We have a ton. Come visit again & I'll send some home with you :)