Wednesday, December 2, 2009

keeping it simple

i LOVE Christmas & especially love decorating for Christmas. However, our little condo seems quite crowded with all of the baby stuff we've aquired so I'm taking it easy in the decorating department this year. Plus, it seems like just yesterday that Andrew put our decorations back into the attic, so I think I'd make him a VERY happy man if I didn't make him climb up there to haul it all down again.
So I picked up this little wooden tree decoration at Hobby Lobby today (hobby lobby...i love you) and it is going to serve as our Christmas tree this year.
And then I have the most adorable nativity ever. Andrews parents went to Israel in March and brought me this beautiful, hand carved nativity...it's amazing.

So tada...I'm done decorating & clean up is going to be a snap come January 1st. I'll happily spend this month staring at this guy instead of a sparkly, decked out tree. Just check out these cheeks!

2 comments:

The Deborah Sector said...

I am glad that I am not the only one with no decorations. I hate decorating...I feel like it clutters up our house! I usually put centerpiece on the table and that is it.

Mikelle said...

No tree? That's crazy! I know how you feel about the clutter though...I'm always more than ready to take the stuff down after Christmas. I opted for our little tree this year, my nativity, and a few other decorations. I really don't have that much stuff, so it's not too bad.

Oh, and just wait until Aiden starts playing with toys, then your house will really feel crowded!