Aiden started praying at the beginning of the year, EVERY night for a baby for our family. He wanted a baby so badly that he'd occasionally ask our friends if we could have their babies. Awkward. Anyway, I was so excited when we found out we were expecting because I thought it'd be such a cool experience for Aiden to really see his prayers answered. And it was great and he was so excited, except one thing happened that I wasn't expecting. He now thinks that IF he prays for something, it'll happen. Like a genie in a bottle kind of thing. So one day we're driving down the road and he says "mom, I need to talk to God in my heart for a minute." So after about thirty seconds he said "You know what, Mom? I asked God for a HERD of babies. A herd means TEN babies (short pause) AND GOD SAID YES!!!!!"
The other morning I made smoothies for breakfast and Aiden loved it at first. Then he started thinking and said "Mom, I wish you would make my smoothies out of candy." And I said "I think that would be a milkshake, not a smoothie." And he said "Then can you start making me milkshakes for breakfast instead?" And I said "No buddy, that wouldn't be healthy because that's a lot of sugar" And he said "OH, WELL OF COURSE I LOVE SUGAR. That would be great!" And really, who am I kidding...some mornings I wish a milkshake were an appropriate meal choice. But I think for now we'll stick to smoothies.
And the latest news....Aiden has a girlfriend. She works for us and is probably one of the sweetest people I know. She is such a good sport being Aiden's girlfriend as he forces her to have "lunch meetings" with him and tries to make her act like a dinosaur most of the time. I'm secretly hoping she'll get snatched up by a great guy soon, have a girl baby right away and then we can arrange a marriage between her daughter and Aiden. We'll see. Anyway, the other day Aiden told me "When I grow up I'm going to be Everett's dad." And I said "Well, you will always be Everett's brother and Daddy will always be Everett's dad." And he said "Then I'm going to find a kid without a dad and I'll be his dad." And I said "You'll grow up and marry a girl and then you and your wife will have babies and then you'll be the dad". And he said "Oh, I'm marrying Julie." And I said "Really? when?" And he said "Umm...when I'm 80. Or when I'm 21. It's up to her." And now anytime he sees her at the shop he'll say "Oh mom, I see my girlfriend I need to go talk to her." and then he runs off and giggles with Julie until I pry him away from her desk so she can get some work done.
So those are a few of the random convos I've had with the Roy boy as of late. There are many times that Andrew and I just look at each other and die laughing because we cannot believe what comes out of this kids mouth. He keeps us on our toes for sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment