Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm Back...

I'm back? I can't decide.  I haven't blogged in forever, and clearly things have been going on in our lives but in the very likely chance that napping continues to win out over blogging maybe I'm not quite ready to declare that I'm back.  I will say I might be kind of back, sometimes, when I drink a coffee right before nap time and feel the urge to blog instead of sit in bed & watch the bachelorette and eat snacks. That's as committed as I'm gonna get right now.  But anyway, thanks for still reading, if anyone still is.

So first and foremost, the biggest news in our lives right now is obviously baby Pinch #2. So let's start there and let the other updates come as my nap schedule allows.

The week following Easter my entire family came down with a stomach bug.  Like every Henderson from my parents down to my sweet little niece and nephew.  Some how Andrew, Aiden and I were able to avoid it....thank you Jesus. But every day for the week after Easter I felt queasy. So every day I was convinced that I was coming down with it to.  But then finally by Friday I was like "uhh...maybe it's not the flu?" So I went to my stash of pregnancy tests and just, well, tested.  And seriously to my shock, amazement, awe (insert any exciting word here) I finally, freaking finally, finally, finally got a positive. And I ran to the kitchen to tell Andrew, but then ran back and read and re-read the test three times just to be sure. And then through crazy sobbing I told him the good news. He was confused and was like "uhh...so are you happy? I'm happy. Why are you crying? Are you ok?" And I sobbed and shook my head and we were just really really really happy.  And I still cry, kind of a lot because I am just so so grateful to be able to experience another pregnancy and to be blessed with another Pinch baby.

We found out a couple of weeks ago we're having another boy and really we couldn't be happier.  We spent two days eating these and celebrating the good news:

Although, Aiden is slightly disappointed because he was wanting a boy AND a girl baby at the same time. Umm...that's not happening. But he is really happy to have a brother to "teach how to be rough and tough like me!" We've known for the last few years that if we were able to have another boy we'd name him Everett.  Andrew picked the name and I love it. So we're going with Everett Reid Pinch and now I'm just dying to meet him and see what he looks like.  So far the pregnancy has been standard and we're looking forward to the anatomy scan at my dr. office next week to see how he's doing.  So that is our biggest source of excitement these days and really we couldn't be happier.

No comments: