Thursday, October 25, 2012

A P.R. Scare

A couple weeks ago I found an odd shaped little rash just above Aiden's knee.  It looked like a dry patch and was right where his shorts end so I thought maybe they irritated his skin or something.  Fast forward a week and more "dry patches" popped up.  Weird.  So I took him to the Dr. and within one minute of looking at him she said he has something called Pitoryasis Rosea.  What the heck?  But for such a complicated name, it really seems quite simple.  It's a rash that is not contagious and they have no idea how one gets it or what to do to get rid of it.  So pretty much, it's a weird rash.  But here's the kicker....she said it will spread, likely over his entire body, maybe even his adorable little face.  Oh and it'll last....SIX WEEKS.  Ey yi yi.  I felt so bad for my sweet little Roy boy.  Luckily for us, (knock on wood and say a little prayer) it looks like it's clearing up and hasn't spread at all.  I'm hoping it stays that way and it was just a super mild case.  But in the event that I've spoken too soon and it does spread...do not be alarmed.  I pinky promise...it's not contagious.

No comments: