Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting Three

My boy is three.  Three years old, already!  I would be sad but I'm too busy just loving him at this stage.  His second year of life was pretty much a breeze.  He started sleeping in the big boy bed, he potty trained like a champ and he spent most every day cracking me up.  We had a tantrum here or there, but nothing like the rage that comes out of an almost three year old.  Man...it's quite insane sometimes.  But luckily (thank you, Jesus) the fits of rage are few and far between.  And I really hope it stays that way.  Enough about the crazy though.  Let's talk about how adorable this precious three year old is.


For the months leading up to his third birthday anytime anyone would ask him how old he was he'd say "I'm getting three!"  He wanted to be three so bad.

He tells me all of the time how big he is and about all the things he'll do when he's really big.  i.e. climb a sea mount (undersea mountain) and run Press like his daddy.

He is the smartest boy I know.  He knows all of his letters and has for a while...but now when we're reading he wants to point out the letters and tell me what they are. Speaking of reading...it is still hanging on as his favorite pastime.

He is obsessed with tractors and knows every kind....excavators, diggers, scrapers, skid steer, rollers, back end loaders, etc.  Don't even try to tell him what kind of tractor you think one is...you'll always be wrong.

He is so loving and sweet.  All day he'll tell me how much he loves me. He'll say "ohhh...I just love you my tiny little mama."  Or sometimes he calls me his "little beak bun"...I really have no idea what that means, but it's a term of endearment in his mind.  And when I'm tucking him in to bed he'll hold on to me tight and say "I'm just going to smuzzer (smother) you. Stay close to me."  Or he'll follow me around the house doing a throwing motion with his hands and say "I'm throwing my love on you mom!" It's precious.

He talks non stop and has stories that go on for days.  He has such a vivid imagination and says the funniest things.

There are some words that he doesn't pronounce correctly but I take responsibility for that because they're just too cute to correct.  ie. Cockroach=Potchroach, Nibble=Nivvle, for some reason instead of CVS he calls it C-Vue-S. And lately when he's been tired a little southern accent will come out.  Not sure how that happened.  But it's cute.

We send out a little stat card to out of state family and friends each year with fun Aiden facts.  This way our family in Canada can really get to know him, even though most of them haven't met him yet.  This year I asked him to answer each question and this is what he had to say:
These are his favorites....
color: darkest blue
Food: peaches
Animal: giant monster
Treat: cupcake
Song: I See The Moon, The Alphabet Song, and Wide Awake by Katy Perry.
Obsessions: The American Flag, Pirates, Monsters, Sea Creatures, Trucks, Tractors and Military Vehicles.
Pastime: Playing with trucks and tractors, picking things up with giant claws and playing outside with Ruffy.

Fun Facts: When he grows up he wants to be a Music Robot.

He is 3 feet tall and 32 pounds of pure perfection. I spent last night in tears just thinking about how very blessed I am to be the proud mama of this sweet little boy. He is such a joy and I am obsessed with him.

Happy Birthday to my precious little Roy Boy.

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

He IS the smartest 3 year old I know. I wish we got to see him (and you) more.

Kamryn has started a new phase of tantrums this week. The harder 3-year-old kind where you can't reason with her...sooo fun!