But I thought I'd check in with my doctor too, just for good measure. I haven't seen her since the miscarriage and thought maybe I should touch base to see if we had any new options. She pretty much said no. If you want a baby...go on Chlomid again. Bottom line. End of story. It was so official and so unsettling. I know of a million people that have had success with Chlomid and I am so happy for them. However, I didn't have success, I turned into a crazy lady, and I lost my baby...so saying that I have an aversion to Chlomid is an understatement. I just haven't had a peace about taking it again so it doesn't seem like much of an option to me. Sure, it could work and we could get pregnant again. But I've prayed about it for what seems like a million days now and I just don't feel good about it right now.
So while I was sitting in Robert's (my new acupuncturist) office last week I was discussing my doctors appointment with him and also a more natural plan of action. He gave me a run down of what we're going to try. More diet modifications, herbs, time, etc. All things I feel good about. Then he left me alone during my treatment.
When he came back he said "there's something I think you should know. Your life will never be more simple than it is now so I think what you really need to do is spend your time enjoying it. One day you'll have more kids, you'll have soccer practices, birthday parties, teachers meetings...your life will be non-stop. Right now you have it easy, so please just enjoy it and embrace the life that you're living. Love the time you have with your husband and your son." Bottom line. End of story. And that was just the reminder I needed. I feel like I've jumped off of the crazy train and have regained perspective & peace.
This little quote from pinterest sums things up quite nicely, I think.
I love my life. It's simple..and it's so so good.



2 comments:
I can attest to the craziness that ensues with more children!
And even though you should enjoy life now, I pray that a baby comes to your family sooner rather than later! That baby will be soooooo loved! I can't wait for that day for you!
Thanks for the reminder to enjoy each day as it comes rather than living each day in view of what's next. I'm realizing too that life with one child is pretty easy-breezy most of the time, so I'm trying to enjoy this stage too!
I love you and really appreciate your sincerity and willingness to follow where God leads.
Post a Comment