1. Putting his laundry in the hamper. As soon as we change him, I say "put your clothes in the laundry". He'll pick them up, carry them to the hamper and throw them in. If even a little bit of the clothing is hanging over the edge of the hamper, he'll keep trying until it's all the way in. Then he'll clap for himself as we cheer him on.
2. Putting his diaper in the trash. This task he decided to do all on his own. Aiden randomly found a wet diaper, walked it to the laundry room trash and tossed it in. Now every time we change his diaper, he's quick to grab it and throw it away.
3. He no longer needs to sit in the shopping cart because big boys PUSH the cart! This is how we spent almost an hour at home depot the other day. He pushed the cart everywhere....onetime he even pushed it in to a display when his dad stopped to look at something. Oops...he's still getting the hang of it.




4. He loves helping in the kitchen. Sometimes I regret this because I can no longer cook in peace, but I started encouraging him to help me in the kitchen, stirring things, pouring things (with mom's help of course!) and loading the dishwasher. He loves it all and won't ever leave me alone now if I'm trying to make dinner.
Our boy is growing up so fast & it is SO fun to watch. I love my little helper!


1 comment:
It's so nice when they can do even the littlest of things...less for you to worry (besides the kitchen). But, a word of advice...once you let them out of the cart, they will never go back!! Hallie and Jaxson think it is torture to sit in the back of the cart...so if they are naughty, into the cart they go!
Post a Comment