Monday, November 15, 2010

15 months


I can't believe how fast time is flying! It's like I blink and Aiden is a month older. Here's what he's up to these days:

Height: 33in. (90th percentile)
Weight: 25lbs (50th percentile)

- He talks so much now and I'm loving it! A few of his new words are:
"done" (he says this when he's done eating.)
"down" (which you might think sounds a lot like done, but you can definitely hear the difference. Imagine very defined "o" lips for the word down. It's adorable)
He's been saying "pop pop" for a while...My dad wanted to be called "Pops" but aiden likes to add an extra pop to the end. Now every time we go see my parents, the minute we pass through their community gate Aiden yells "pop pop pop..." the whole way.
He can kind of say "fish" except he leaves off the f so it's only "ish"
And he says "ball". Anything that's even a little bit round is a ball to him.
He'll poke himself in the eye and yell "eye!"
He's great at repeating things once and then he decides to not say it again. For instance, the other day I handed him a shoe and said "cool shoes dude" and he said "dude" back to me. Then he was being a little crazy one night and I said "geez" then he looked at me and said "geez" with as much attitude as I had given him.
The one and only word that I beg him to say all the time is "please" and he refuses every time! I've gotten it out of him twice now but that's it. I know he knows how to say it...he just won't. Instead he likes to go with the noise "eee, eee, eee, eee, eee, eee...." as he points at whatever he wants. One day I'll win and he'll learn his manners...one day.

- We've let him try some new foods this month. He is obsessed with Ketchup (he's had it on french fries twice) and he had his first In-n-Out hamburger the other day & he's definitely a fan. and in honor of halloween he got his first taste of candy...tootsie rolls only for this boy. It's like crack to him.

-He is a big time climber now. He tries to climb on everything. He recently learned to push his police car up to anything he wants to get on top of, then he'll stand on the seat, climb through the window and get on top of most things. Scary.

- He loves brushing his teeth. In the morning and at night, he'll come in the bathroom, point to his tooth brush with his mouth wide open and go "ah ah ah" until you give him his tooth brush. Then he'll sit there for a few solid minutes and brush away.

-And he had his first full blown nosedive. He was running outside yesterday and bam...fell flat on his face. He ended up with some scratches and a huge fat lip. I was stoked to take him & his beat up little face to his 15 month check up today. His pediatrician will nominate me as mother of the year, I'm sure.

Basically, he's just growing so much and keeping us laughing all the time. I love this boy!

No comments: