So my hard, hard, hard working husband is trying out a new little (aka..crazy) schedule. The print shop has been pretty demanding lately & it seems that there just haven't been enough hours in the day for him. SO...he adopted a new sleep schedule. It's a no brainer here...I would never do it. But a few of Andrew's many amazing qualities are 1. he is very self-disciplined 2. he's very ambitious 3. he is very motivated. So this sleep schedule (or no sleep schedule, call it what you will) is actually working out for him. The schedule is as follows:
12:00 am - 20 minute nap
4:00 am - 20 minute nap
8:00 am - 20 minute nap
12:00 pm - 20 minute nap
4:00 pm - 20 minute nap
8:00 pm - 20 minute nap
So he basically sleeps for twenty minutes, 6 times a day and that is it. That is on a good day though, yesterday he didn't get ANY of his daytime naps so he only had three of the six 20 minute naps. He's doing surprisingly well and getting A LOT accomplished. Another thing to note about this schedule is that he can have NO caffeine at all. So no coffee, tea, soda, 5-hour energy things...nothing. I am amazed at the level of energy he still has and he is not irritable or grouchy at all. He is a better person than I am, I would have killed someone by now..I'm sure of it.
*For the record, this is not a permanent sleep schedule. He assures me it's only for a few weeks or maybe a month. There are just some very important things/changes at the shop that need some attention and then it's back to the solid 8 hours of sleep each night. I did however recommend that maybe he go back on the schedule the next time we have a baby...I think that would work out very well for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Martin wanted to do that a year back but with his job he could never try it out. I guess from what he told me it is as good as a regular nights sleep. Cool that it is working for Andrew.
Oh my gosh, I would die! How does he do that?
Post a Comment