Wednesday, July 1, 2009

too hot

So I just checked the weather forecast online & am basically now feeling borderline depressed. I’ve never minded AZ summers too much, but this summer is different..you know, with the extra baby weight, swelling, etc. that I’m experiencing these days. So instead of crying (which sometimes I get so hot I really am tempted) I decided to focus on what I’m grateful for.
First: of course, although it is his fault that I’m swollen & extra hot, I am SO grateful for the opportunity to be carrying this little Aiden Roy. I am so excited for his arrival and feel so blessed to be a mom.
Second: this guy
He’s been SO wonderful and patient with my requests and occasional emotional breakdowns over the most random things. I love him so much and feel so grateful every day to be having a baby with him. I can’t wait to see what an incredible father he’ll be & I absolutely love every minute of my life with him.
Third: The lady at the frozen yogurt shop that I frequent. She’s so encouraging every time she makes my chocolate frozen yogurt with reeses pieces (in the middle of the yogurt & on top...she generous with her toppings). But this week she made me especially happy by telling me that I look like I’m “carrying lower” than I was last week when I came in. Bless her heart…that’s what I wanted to hear!
Fourth: The fact that my truck has auto start & will start with the push of a remote button. When we bought the truck in December I had no clue how much I would fall in love with this feature. But these days it’s a lifesaver & I can start the truck from inside the grocery store, condo, print shop or anywhere really...and it’s nice and cool by the time I get to it.
Lastly: I’m grateful for America, our freedom & that we had Friday off of work! Happy Independence Day (sorry I'm a few days late) & God Bless America...even if it is stinking hot!

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

I feel for you! I'm so glad I'm done, and soon you will be too. I will call you soon, I've just been really busy/tired.