Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where in the world....

…..did the month of March go? I am amazed that we are staring the month of April in the face already…what happened to March? This month was a very eventful one in the Pinch home, so I suppose that explains why it has come and gone so quickly. Here are some of the highlights:

-obviously, as noted in my prior post, we received some very exciting news on March 4th. That was a day that I felt like I had been waiting for forever.

-the 4th was followed by the 10th which was mom’s and my birthday! I hit the big 25 this year & I’ll be honest, it was harder to swallow than I thought it would be. I’ve never really minded getting older, I always enjoyed it…but twenty-five was a hard age to embrace. A few weeks before my birthday I started noticing “fine lines” around the eyes, my skin wasn’t as bright and fresh looking as before & my hair just seemed to not cooperate as well as it did when I was, say, 22. Maybe this was all part of my imagination, but either way…I was not thrilled about turning 25. But then my mom and I planned a FABULOUS day to celebrate this momentous occasion & I was quickly distracted from the anxiety I had been feeling. So here’s how the day went: We started off bright and early with a Dr. appointment for my mom (she always schedules a check up on her b-day so that she doesn’t forget each year) While she’s in there I spend the early part of the a.m. sleeping in her car. This has become a ritual. After that we headed to breakfast then did a little shopping for her and for Aiden too (even though it wasn’t his birthday, and heck, he doesn’t even have a b-day yet…he’s very fun to shop for). After that we headed to lunch…FREE lunch at Joe’s BBQ…I love that place! From there we did more shopping, got our toenails painted, got facials AND massages all before heading out to dinner with the rest of the family. It was an action packed day & was probably one of my best birthdays yet. Twenty-five isn’t so bad!

-March 11th, the day in between Andrews and My birthday. This is the day that we always celebrate together. This day included work because not everyone gets to take time off for their b-day. At work our employees had a lunch pizza party for us & then after work we went to a DELICIOUS dinner and were in bed by 8:30. We’re boring these days and LOVE getting to bed early, so being in bed by 8:30 was like a dream come true!



-March 12th, Andrew’s Birthday! More work & dinner again. He was not affected at all at becoming one year older. So his birthday didn't require as many distractions as mine.


-March 16th – 18th, my Mom and I flew to Louisiana to visit my friend Jordan and her family. We were there for 3 days…we ate a tons of good food, saw the sights and had lots of fun. The three days sure did fly by quickly!
-That following weekend we celebrated our birthdays with our great friends Lauren, Jeremy, Lindsay and Colin.

-Today, March 25th marks exactly 3 years since our very first date! I remember it perfectly & feel very blessed to be spending my life with such a wonderful man. We didn't go out to celebrate but are eating cupcakes as we speak (or type, whatever).


This month was absolutely full of fun! Hooray for March, I can’t wait for it to come again next year.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

I missed the details about your LA trip, somehow. Wasn't Jordan getting married? Or was that next year?

janae said...

She was going to get married but the wedding is postponed. I had already bought my tickets though...they were non-refundable so I went anyway.