So I have officially had two vehicles totaled within the past six months. Crazy! For the record… neither incident was my fault. Vehicle number 2 was the result of the lovely individual that decided it was smart to drive carelessly with a suspended license & run a red light. I actually have no memory of the accident at all. I have no idea what happened that day between the time of the accident and about 7 hours after. So, with that said, Andrew took me today to get my belongings out of the car & I was able to see it for the first time. Obviously, since I have no memory of the day, I had no idea what condition the car would be in. This is what I found…yikes!



Here is summary of the injuries:
concussion, 8 hours of severe memory loss, chest wall contusion, ruptured ear drum, severe shoulder sprain (or something, they're not quite sure yet exactly what the deal is with the shoulder), a wide variety of cuts (one of which required staples and has left me with an interesting scar, call it hardcore if you will) and lots of bruises. So yeah...it was kind of a big deal.
You may have noticed the "bio hazard" sticker on the side of the car. The man at the wrecking yard asked me what that was for. Our conversation went something like this....I simply explained "oh because I bled all over." to which he replied "yeah right, you kiddin me right?!" To which I replied "no, seriously". So here are a few pictures of the bloodied airbags. Gross, I know.

Seeing the car today was really quite a surprise. I had no idea that the accident was this bad and although the recovery has seemed super slow, I really am blessed that I wasn't hurt worse & that our baby is still in tip top shape! So with that said I am continuously amazed at what an incredible God we serve & am so thankful for all that He has done for us.
1 comment:
get out of town! i had no idea you guys had a blog until i clicked on your link from my comments! my blogspot hapiness just drastically increased. thank you for the help on the logo ideas! its definitely given me a feel for what i want to continue working on. and YES, girl that stamp lady is amazing! i would recommend getting a cute stamp (that i could totally design) that says something like "many thanks from us" or even your names/family name and then buying cheap blank cards and BAM! instant cheaper customized thank you notes for any occasion. stamps... changing my life. a couple things i forgot to mention: scary accident pics, cuuuute re-done bedroom, and fun background! well this is officially the longest comment known to the blogging world. leave it to me i guess : )
Post a Comment