Friday, January 9, 2009

one..two..and three...

So on the 29th I had my FIRST ultrasound & doctors visit. It was great. I am VERY happy with the doctors office that I've chosen..they are wonderful! The ultrasound was so exciting. Our baby is just a tiny little thing but it was SO cool to see the little heart beating. The doctor gave me a due date of August 10th. That day sounds good to me, I like August.

Monday, the 5th of January I had an unplanned SECOND ultrasound. I was in a nasty car accident on monday so while I was in the hospital they wanted to do another ultrasound just to make sure things were ok with our little baby. And things are great...our little one is a trooper and handled the accident like a champ. I was so out of it for most of the day because I hit my head really hard, but I was fully alert for the ultrasound and seeing our baby moving around and doing well really brightened the day. So besides being pretty beat up...I am very grateful that everything is ok.

Since I went through quite a bit of trauma on monday they wanted me to follow up with my ob today just for an additional check up to make sure things are really ok. So today we had ultrasound number THREE. And everything is still great. Our baby was moving around like a little maniac...it is VERY active. So that was really reassuring to see it healthy, moving and continuing to grow. It really is amazing to see how much it's changed already since the first ultrasound. I can tell that it's grown...it's now apparently about the size of a grape. Its spine is formed and it has arms and legs. This is such an amazing process and I am so excited to see what the next 6 1/2 months are like. And although the cause for my many ultrasounds was not the greatest I have kinda been spoiled that I've gotten to see the little guy (or girl) so often as it grows.

Oh and side note on the accident...why do people with suspended licenses think that it's a smart idea to get behind the wheel? No means no people! Oh and fyi...if you are driving with a suspended license maybe you shouldn't run red lights and hit innocent pregnant girls. Just an idea.

3 comments:

Mikelle said...

I'm glad the ultrasound went good yesterday. I hope you get to feeling better soon! I wish I lived down there so I could come take care of you!

The Deborah Sector said...

I am so glad you are both healthy. Let me know if you need anything.

Andra said...

I'm so glad the baby is doing so well Janae, and I hope you are on the mend too!!! I can't tell you how many people Jer arrests for a suspended license....ugh, take advantage of public transportation! :) ON a side note...I'm glad to see you blogging!!! I look forward to hearing more about your family! If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I stayed up wayyyyyy to late last night designing my friend's blog. BUT I learned a lot! :)